Tuesday, October 21, 2008

BLINDSIDED

It was a Thursday, not a Tuesday, but yes, it was around four P.M., so I guess Baz Luhrman was right (Did I speel that right?). Your choices are half chance. I'm trying not to berate myself with what happened, nor am I trying to congratulate myself for it. A rebel being punished for rebellion is like a bird being awarded for flying.

But the fact is that, as my friend Aivie said, I should acknowledge that what happened hurt me. Yes it did. I don't want to mull over it though, because there is a part of me that loves lashing out whenever I get hurt. I guess everyone has something like that too. A need for vengeance, a need for the redress of wrongs, real or imagined. Thus I don't want to mull over it too much, lest it affect my judgment in the next few weeks.

But mull over it I do, and what comes to me is a simple fact. Patience is dependent on the intelligence of a person, the more intelligent a person, the more patient he is. The more wise a person, the more patient a person. The more deformed a person, the more impatient a person is. The more miserable a person is with their life, the more impatient a person is. Misery is a friend of fear, thus, whoever is impatient is afraid. Afraid of being expendable, in due time.

Of course, this is all the opinion of someone who is mulling. So pay me no heed. I on the other hand, am patient. I wait. Wait with a patience that reflects my intellect.