Thursday, November 06, 2008

ONCE YOU GO BLACK...

Congrats Obama. I keep telling people that you are not black. You are the first colored president that America has ever had.

You see in my opinion, Americans use the descriptive "Black" to refer to the African Americans who are decendants of the slaves their forefathers had.

You are not descended from slaves. You are descended from an African man, but one who is educated and is well-off. Not one who came from slavery. You are thus, colored in my eyes. Brown specifically, just like me.

You grew up in Indonesia and in Hawaii further making you not "Black" You were exposed to a very culturally diverse culture in your youth. Your foster father is an Asian, and that would have given you an insight into the milleniums worth of wisdom that Asia has.

Hawaii is also a great place to grow up in. Hawaiians in my opinion are some of the least racist and prejudiced people in the world. I mean they call everyone cousin! And being an islander myself. I know they mean it when they say that. So again, you are not "Black" in my opinion, you are colored.

As Americas first colored president, there is no one better than you. I say this with no rancor toward the others who have tried. But you fit the bill. No pun intended.

I mean, here you are. Colored, but not "Black" thus you do not carry a grudge for being a slave. You know of conflict but is not scarred by war. You know how to deal with Asians from childhood experience. The Africans consider you a true brother, and for sure the islanders consider you a cousin. You just fit. A world president if I have ever seen one. Sorry Dubya, no offense.

Yet I also feel you are not weak. No one who has survived an Asian school, or surfing in Hawaii can be considered weak. You are also a father. A good one who knows values because your mother would have shamed them into you, and your Asian father would have pounded them into you.

You know of God. Not just the Christian God, but the polytheism that lies in all the other cultures in the rest of the world.

I know you will do good. I've been okay with you since I heard you were the one chosen. I was actually for you, but not Hillary.

True, my opinions don't matter, after all I cannot vote in America, and I would never wish to. But if I had to, I would have voted for you.

I'm not being so arrogant as to say I give you the go signal to do your work. You are after all your own man, not some puppet.

Here is to your win. Here is to your promise of Hope. Which in this Pilipino's opinion you have already fulfilled by simply winning.

Here's my two cents worth. America is colored. It has always been. It's about time that it was once again ruled by the colored. Not by the whites, and not by the blacks either. The conquered when seeking revenge is usually worse than the conqueror.

Let's compare: When a white president wins, the whites celebrate. When you won, the Africans celebrated, the whites celebrated, the Asians celebrated, the islanders celebrated. The blacks celebrated too because you indirectly are theirs also.

All you missed were the Chinese and the Indians! Don't worry about the Arabs and the Jews. There is just no pleasing those snobs sometimes.

Now hopefully you won't be assasinated or impeached or anything like that.

Mabuhay ka!